Auto collisions affect millions of people everyday; our Seattle body shop encourages you to practice safe driving to help run the following statistics down.
- Auto collisions are the number one cause of death for adults ages 5-34 in the U.S.
- In 2009 alone, over 2.3 million adults were sent to the E.R. for collision-related injuries.
- Over 3,000 people die worldwide from car accidents each day.
- About 115 collision-related deaths occur in the U.S. each day — that’s one every 13 minutes.
- Washington State saw over 100,000 collisions in 2010, 460 of which resulted in at least one fatality.
Luckily, Washington state is seeing a downward trend for traffic collisions. Be aware of the harm you can cause with a motor vehicle, and hopefully these figures will continue to fall.