If you notice a recurring fluid stain under where you park your car, it may be something to bring to the attention of our auto body shop in Seattle. To help you identify your specific problem, consider the appearance and smell of the fluid and refer to the following list:
- Oil: The most common form of fluid leak, and the easiest to identify. It will generally come in the form of a dark-brown-to-black fluid, though it may be lighter if the oil is cleaner.
- Coolant: A viscous fluid that is generally either green or pink.
- Transmission Fluid: May be a very deep red color with a sharp odor.
- Power Steering Fluid: A slightly yellow, syrupy fluid with a very faint scent.
- Windshield Washer Fluid: May be blue, green, or orange. Smells like window cleaner.
- Brake Fluid: Similar to power steering fluid. If you believe you have a brake fluid leak, do not try to drive your vehicle.